The San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) has updated its Rental Assistance Wait List Portal and is currently updating its wait lists.
If you received an email and/or letter asking you to respond to the Wait List Update and “Save My Spot,” please follow the actions below within 60 days of the date of your letter to remain on the Wait Lists.
Click on the “SDHC Wait List Portal” button for the following actions:
- Apply for an SDHC Rental Assistance Wait List;
- Respond to the SDHC Wait List Update to save your spot on the Wait List; or
- Update your information on an existing application on the Wait List
You will be asked to register for the new SDHC Wait List Portal by creating an account, which has replaced the previous application system. A valid email address and password will be required to register for the new Wait List Portal to ensure a secured system. If you previously registered for the SDHC Wait List Portal before December 5, 2022, you will need to create an account in the new SDHC Wait List Portal. This will not affect your position on the Wait List.
If you require in-person help to complete the Wait List update or to submit a new application for SDHC’s Wait List, please contact one of the community-based organizations listed below:
- Casa Familiar: (619) 428-1115
119 West Hall Avenue, San Ysidro, CA 92173
161 West San Ysidro Boulevard, #B 101-102, San Ysidro, CA 92173
- Chicano Federation: (619) 285-5600
3180 University Avenue, Suite #110, San Diego, CA 92104
- Logan Heights Community Development Corporation: (619) 858-0563
3040 Imperial Avenue, San Diego, CA 92104
- Refugee Assistance Center: (619) 339-5599
4265 Fairmount Avenue, San Diego, CA 92105
- Horn of Africa Community: (619) 583-0532
5348 University Avenue, Suite 101, San Diego, CA 92105
- United Women of East Africa Support Team: (619) 501-7804
6523 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92115
Request an Accommodation due to Disability
If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to respond to the Wait List Update to save your spot, please call the Wait List Update Call Center at 619-578-7639.
If you have general questions regarding the Wait List, your application, or registering for the new SDHC Wait List Portal, please contact the Wait List Call Center at 619-578-7640.