The San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) provides the community with the opportunity to review and obtain copies of public records generated and retained by SDHC. This is in compliance with the California Public Records Act.
The SDHC Public Records Request Portal (Portal) is SDHC’s preferred method for receiving records requests from the public.
Please visit the portal to submit a new request or search for available records – CLICK HERE
The Portal allows users to:
- Submit requests for public records;
- Correspond with SDHC Public Records Requests staff;
- Track the progress of requests online; and
- Search for and access previous public records requests SDHC has received and disclosable records SDHC has provided in response to those requests.
Please note, the law does not require SDHC to:
- Provide staff reports or other documents originating from other city, state or federal agencies.
- Create new documents, such as analysis of information in SDHC databases, in response to a records request.
Pursuant to federal law, 5 US Code 552a, and the right of privacy under the California Constitution, among others, SDHC cannot disclose information about specific individuals without the prior written consent of the individuals to whom the records pertain. SDHC would need to received written consent and verification of the identity of the person signing the consent, such as notarization, before such records would be released.
SDHC has adopted a policy, approved by the Housing Authority of the City of San Diego, and an administrative regulation to provide guidelines for access to public records. You may view and download the policy and administrative regulation here:
- Policy PO205.000 Guidelines for Open Meetings and Access to Public Records
- Administrative Regulation AR205.000 Guidelines to Open Meetings and Access to Public Records
Reports generated by SDHC are public documents. These include the agency’s Annual Budget, Plans and Policies, and reports presented to the SDHC Board of Commissioners and the Housing Authority of the City of the City of San Diego.
News Media Inquiries
News media inquiries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (619) 578-7550.
Frequently Asked Questions