The San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) is committed to affirmatively furthering fair housing by promoting fair and equal housing opportunities for all persons living in the City of San Diego.
This commitment extends to all housing programs SDHC manages or owns and to all grant-funded programs SDHC provides.
SDHC’s policy is to provide housing and services without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, primary language, age, religion, disability (mental or physical), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, familial status, source of income and military or veteran status. To affirmatively further fair housing, SDHC will continue to do the following:
- Acknowledge barriers to fair housing choice identified in the “San Diego Regional Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing.”
- Take the necessary and appropriate actions to overcome the effects of identified impediments.
- Take meaningful actions that address the impediments and maintain records to reflect the actions and the analysis.
The promotion and exercise of fair housing requires freedom from the impediments of discriminatory practices and other forms and barriers to housing choice.
To facilitate the freedom from identified impediments and to eliminate identified barriers, SDHC:
- Works to remedy discrimination in housing through education, training and outreach.
- Promotes fair housing rights and fair housing choice.
- Develops and manages housing of choice that is safe, affordable, sustainable and accessible to all persons, including those with limited English proficiency.
In reflection of its core values, SDHC provides excellence in housing services that manifests the highest standards of professional integrity and public accountability.
Through collaboration with other public and nonprofit agencies and organizations, SDHC works to foster residential responsibility, respect and self-sufficiency in the full spirit of all civil rights to affirmatively further fair housing.